26 December 2010

Day 10: In Treno II

Once again, no photos today. I took the long train ride from Rome to Milano Centrale, rather worried that I might have to stand for the entire six-hours-and-some trip because I had not reserved a seat in advance; fortunately, I only had to stand for a little while here and there. People getting on and off throughout the trip occasionally left seats open, and I was able to sit for the majority of the journey. I do wish that more of the trip had been in daylight, because what little of the terrain I could see before sunset was remarkably beautiful. Deep-green hills, forests, and muddy rivers all covered in gentle mist.

It seems to be true almost everywhere that the best museums are closed on Mondays, but I believe that Milan's Duomo and its associated museum is open, so that is my plan for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment